Importance Of Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing, to some is the “next big thing,” a temporary but strong marketing tool that must be uses while it’s still in the spotlight. For others, it’s just a buzz word with no business advantages and has a difficult learning curve.
As it has appeared quickly, social media has a reputation for being a passing marketing interest and thus some people feel it will be unprofitable over a long run. The statistics show up a different picture. As per the famous CRM tool, Hubspot, 92% of marketers in 2014 claimed that social media marketing was important for their business. 80% of these confirmed that the efforts on social media, increased traffic to their sites. As per Social Media Examiner, 97% of digital marketers are very active on social media.
Social Media Marketing provides the following benefits:
- High Brand Recognition. Your social media posts are new channels for your brand’s awareness and visibility. It makes easier for you to be more accessible to new customers and makes you more recognizable for existing customers.
- Increased brand loyalty. As per a report published by Texas Tech University, brands who engage with public through social media channels enjoy higher loyalty from their customers. The report further confirms that businesses must take advantage of the social media tools to connect with their audience.
- More Leads. Every post on a social media platform is an opportunity for audience to become a business lead. When you build your social media platform you will have access to new audience, recent customers and also the old customers. It is the easiest way to connect with all of them together. Every post, image, video or comment that you share is a chance for someone to react. Every reaction could lead to a visit to your site and eventually a conversion.
- Higher conversion rates. Social media marketing results in higher conversion rates than other marketing tools. Various reports have confirmed that social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than other outbound marketing methods. Also it confirms, a higher number of social media following enhances the trust and credibility of the business, representing social proof.
- Higher Brand Popularity. Interacting efficiently with your customers is a show of good faith for other customers. As and when they post your brand name, new audience members will follow you for updates. The more people talk about you on social media, the more valuable and popular your brand will seem to new users.
Social media marketing, when done right, can lead to more customers, higher traffic, more conversions and it is here to stay.